I would say Shopify is an excellent platform for those who know how to do their own marketing.
But would you want to do a business where you don’t have to do paid marketing?
That’s where Wealthy Affiliate comes in. In this program, you have access to over 2000 WordPress themes which includes Woo-commerce.
Woo-commerce is the equivalent to Shopify.
The only difference is Woo-commerce is free where Shopify charges you per month.
What I really like about WA is that they offer you two free website without entering any credit card information.
Right from the get-go, you get 10 FREE lessons. You are taught how to market organically without having to pay for any ads.
I agree you can make money dropshipping sourced products.
But affiliate marketing is also another way you can learn to make money.
In my personal view dropshipping has too much work involved.
- You have to find a product you’re going to sell
- You have to pay for the product before you can send it to a customer
- You will only earn as long as your ads keep running
- You will also be in charge of returns and refunds
- If you use PayPal as a payment method, then the customer will always be right (you lose money)
With affiliate marketing, there is no headache for you.
- Products will only be related to your niche (easy to find)
- Merchant will be responsible for all returns and refunds
- No hard selling involved
- No need to worry about shipping or paying for a product
My preferred method of doing my own business only is affiliate marketing.
I’ve tried dropshipping, although I earned a little bit of money, the cost of the ads outweighed the amount I made.