Creating web content shouldn’t be as hard as it seems., but yes for some it can be a little frustrating. Considering you have to research good keywords as well write based on those keywords.
If you’ve got your impressive website name set-up, well then it’s all ready to go. The next thing you need to focus on is the tagline of your website. That’s where your keywords will come from.
What message are you trying to get across on this property of yours?
For instance: My tagline for my website is ‘affiliate marketing knowledge.’ At Marketing Hindsight I provide you with the best advice from my knowledge database which has accumulated over the year in regards to affiliate marketing.
Before moving forward, I do put a lot of emphasis on motivation. This was something I could have used more of when I started in this industry.
Now let’s talk about your property online.
Okay off the record, I have to say I will never get tired of saying my property; it’s my investment which I’m hoping to grow into an empire. Compared to physical property prices, it’s quite possibly the cheapest one you will ever purchase, but unlike a physical property which increases value every few years. Online property can increase in value within a year, the plus side is not only will it increase in value; it will also earn you money.
- What is your tagline’s meaning?
- When you started your website what was your intention with it?
- Who is your audience/readers?
- Why are you doing what you are doing?
- How will this benefit your reader?
By placing importance on these five questions, you will be creating web content like a pro.
Have a pencil and paper ready, if you are not a writer by hand, and then get a program open to start writing. We are going to get right into it.
Make sure to follow each step, but complete the action before moving on. It will make the process a whole lot easier.
Pick Your Topic
This is a given you will need to have a topic to write about; most likely what your website’s tagline is what you want your topic to be about.
For example, I will use my own website here Marketing Hindsight. It can be broken down into many topics.
For this content writing exercise, I will pick a topic to write about. So what can we deduce from the tagline or name of my website?
- It’s About Affiliates
- Product Reviews
- Create Content
- And much more, but you get the idea right
Further to break it down I will focus only on one of these topics.
I have made my decision; today I’m going to write about a topic which comes up often when people are starting their website. This is something which can make or break a site.
Creating Web Content
The main job of content is to get your site into Google rankings, the topics here are, but not limited to:
- Content – what readers read when they come to a website
- Performance – How quickly readers can navigate from one section to the next
- Authority – Once again it comes back to content on a site. Do you know what you are talking about?
- User Experience – Are readers building trust with you, again the best way to convey this is with words
So now you probably get an idea of why content is king.
Break Your Topic Down
Now the time has come to decide what you are going to include in your topic. As I said before, I am going to write on how to create content.
What you will want to do now is break down your topic into further seven related categories, keep in mind; this will include an introduction as well as the conclusion.
How to Write Content
- How to come up with ideas to write content
- Why does content have to be a certain length
- When should content be written
- Who should content be written for
- What will content do for your website
By breaking it down into seven related categories you are going to end up with over 1000 words of material which are acceptable nowadays, but of course, more would better.
When creating content of any kind we are always answering how, why, when, who, what and sometimes where, in the next step, we are going to create three subtopics for each category.
You’ve followed along so far, now stick with me to the end, most likely you will end up with a useful article which you will be able to post.
Of course, you will need to edit it. This is done by leaving it alone for a few hours. So carrying on…
- What the topic is about
- Who can use the topic
- Why they need it
How to come up with ideas to write content
- Browse the internet for ideas
- Where do people find their ideas
- Go to forums to see what people want to know
Why does material have to be a certain length?
- When content is a certain length
- Can get an idea across
- More content creates more value for the reader
When should content be written?
- Content should be written
- The best time of the day to release new content is
- I find it’s easier to write content on the weekend because
Who should content be written for?
- People who love to read
- Most who land on your site have come
- For those who are looking for the new up and coming
What will content do for your site?
- When you write content on your site, it will
- You will get a lot more readers to your site which may help
- You never know your content may go viral
- This is a great way to write content because
- With this information, you can now
- If you feel this information has helped, then you can
Give yourself a high five for getting this far, most of the hard work is done.
I have intentionally not completed the subtopics as it was more of a way for you to get the feel of how to write subtopics for each category.
The next thing you want to do is complete each subtopic into a let’s say a 50-word paragraph.
That would be like 3-4 sentences each, not a lot to ask for here; with a little effort, it is achievable.
If you feel you can’t find anything to say, use the technique above to break the subtopics into further 3-4 subtopics. Those will go onto creating your sentences. With some effort, you could end up creating web content for many days to come.
Also for more motivation on creating content, find out how to write web content others will read.
Comments are a great way to get a content conversation going; please leave them below on how you create web content as well if you feel this little exercise above is something you will try.